Sunday, October 4, 2009

Le Romance des Fleurs






  Flowers are always romantic.  The gorgeous blooms above are the result of my honey's green thumb.   He carefully transported them by train from a garden in the south of France to celebrate my first birthday in Paris - (sigh!) - did I mention what a romantic he is? 




More fabulous blossoms from my gardener man, and they made a perfect addition to my blog header.  This brilliant pink rose is breathtaking.



 Beautiful  fragrant bouquets like these can be found all over Paris.  This is a good thing since my thumb is not so green.  
 Decorating la maison with fresh flowers is a luxury that never fails to inspire and make me smile.  




I dried the petals from those first lovely roses my honey gave me.  I keep them in my mother's  crystal rose bowl.  The colors are still vivid and each time I look at them I think to myself,  "How lucky can a girl get?"

'Put a Little Ooh La La in Your Life'




1 comment:

Wanda Lee said...

HOW LUCKY CAN A GIRL GET INDEED.., AND HOW CAN I NOT COMMENT?~ THE FLOWERS ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION YOUR MAISON MUST BE FRAGRANT AND BEAUTIFUL!..,CHEERS FROM SILKEN PURSE